Become a Member of the CCA
Joining the Chihuahua Club of America
Thank you for your interest in the Chihuahua Club of America!
Founded in 1923, the Chihuahua Club of America is the American Kennel Club’s parent club for the Chihuahua breed. No other club is authorized to represent the Chihuahua with the AKC.
It is the CCA’s goal to represent and be the guardian of the preservation of this breed. We encourage and promote responsible, ethical ownership and breeding of purebred Chihuahua’s..
Members of the Chihuahua Club of America are, in general, veteran breeders, exhibitors and judges. They have, through years of experience, gained extensive knowledge about Chihuahuas It is their function, as members of the Parent Club, to share their resources from a group of like minded people that define and preserve the Standard of the Chihuahua and to advance the general welfare of the breed.
CCA Membership Benefits
- As a member, you will be able to share your passion with a diverse group of people united in their interest, preservation, and promotion of Chihuahuas
- CCA Members receive the Chi Chatter, a bimonthly, color magazine loaded with educational content, photos, show news, upcoming events, and member accomplishments.
- Newcomers are welcome to become involved in any of the club’s committee activities and can volunteer wherever they think they can contribute. Volunteering often opens the door to an exchange of ideas about the breed.
- Members will have the opportunity to be listed on the CCA online breeders directory.
- Members can vote in the election of judges for the Annual Specialty Show.
- A vote in the annual election of Officers and members of the Board of Directors.
- Members will received achievement plaques at out annual membership meeting in conjunction with our National Specialty Show.
Joining the Club
You must be sponsored by two current members who have known you well for more than a year, and have themselves been a member of the Chihuahua Club of America for more than one year.
Membership dues are $35.00 per year, plus a one time processing fee of $10.00.