Whether you are a member of the Chihuahua Club of America or not, this handbook is for you. Those of you that own and continue to enjoy the four previous editions will find this one helpful as well. The concept of the handbook was first introduced in 1987 – the purpose is to provide a service to our breed.The book has three distinct sections:
- Articles and Club History – information of interest to the breeder and Chihuahua fancier.
- The Pedigree Pages – Used to trace bloodlines and breeding programs.
The Pedigree Pages:This is really what the handbook is all about.
- To have as much information about each dog as possible – available at a glance
- To help us learn more about how each dog was bred;
- To let us see the results of that breeding
- To follow how lines have been developed
- To help us choose the breeding that will aid in our personal efforts to improve the breed
This section includes veterans, puppies and non-champions. Many of these ads also include the pedigree. The Advertising section was completely open and virtually unrestricted therefore, inclusion in the handbook does not imply a recommendation or endorsement of any individual by the Chihuahua Club of America.
AKC’s DNA Compliance Dept. has CORRECTED AND REISSUED new pedigrees that affect the dam of Ch. Dazzles Dennis The Menace HP and Ch. Dazzles Bad Tad for Bear Paw in the 2005 CCA Handbook and the offspring of those dogs in the 2009 CCA Handbook. The ROM for Dazzles League of Her Own has been returned by Donna J. Jensen, so reference to the ROM should be deleted from the 2009 Handbook entries.
Please download the .pdf file and print. If you have difficulty opening this attachment, please request a hard copy be mailed to you from:
The affected pedigrees in the handbooks are:
2005 & 2009 Handbook Corrections